Liquidambar styraciflua 'Corky'
(Sweetgum) Liquidambar styraciflua 'Corky' is an unusual small to medium sized tree with typically handsome orange and red autumn colour but also, very interesting corky bark on the stems of established trees.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Liquidambar styraciflua 'Corky' is an unusual small to medium sized tree with typically handsome orange and red autumn colour but also, very interesting corky bark on the stems of established trees. The habit is quite narrow and pyramidal.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Liquidambar styraciflua 'Corky' will grow well in most areas but will produce its most bright and vivid autumn colour in lime free or acidic soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Liquidambar styraciflua 'Corky' grows to be a small or medium sized tree, narrow and upright in habit.
- Height: 10 - 15 m (32 - 50 ft) / up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) / up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years
- Notes: The autumn colour of individual plants will vary according to weather and in particular the pH of your soil. The best, most vivid colours will occur in lime-free or acid soils. A liberal annual application of flowers of sulphur around the base of a Liquidambar, at a rate of up to 2 oz. per square yard on neutral or slightly alkaline soils will slowly lower the pH and intensify the autumn colour!
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Ornamental Bark