Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Pink Cloud'
(Beauty Bush) Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Pink Cloud is an reliable and handsome medium sized shrub which is festooned with masses of pink, bell-shaped flowers in summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Native to Hupeh in China, Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Pink Cloud' is a lovely shrub known for its slightly pendulous branches, festooned with masses of pink, bell-shaped flowers in summer. Named after Professor Richard Kolkwitz (a German botanist), this is a reliable and eye-catching shrub which should be planted more often!
Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Pink Cloud' will grow in some shade but always seems to flower best if planted in a warm, sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Pink Cloud' will grow well in chalky soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate or vigorous.
- Habit: Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Pink Cloud' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub (can be pruned to shape if required)
- Height: up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Old, woody stems should be pruned back after flowering to encourage new growth and improve the amount of flowers produced in the following year. A specimen of Kolkwitzia amabilis 'Pink Cloud', planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 3 m and a spread of 2.5 m after 10 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also like