Juniperus virginiana 'Grey Owl'
(Juniper) A handsome low ground cover conifer, Juniperus virginiana 'Grey Owl' is evergreen with a spreading habit and silvery-grey foliage.
A handsome low conifer, Juniperus virginiana 'Grey Owl' is evergreen with spreading habit and silvery-grey foliage. Usually fairly slow growing with slightly arched branches once established.
Juniperus virginiana 'Grey Owl' can be grown as a standalone shrub or in groups to act as ground cover. It also grows well in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Juniperus virginiana 'Grey Owl' grows to be a low, spreading shrub.
- Height: up to 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: up to 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover, Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Blue/Silver