Jasminum officinale 'Fiona Sunrise'
(Golden Poet's Jasmine) A lovely and eye-catching introduction, Jasminum officinale 'Fiona Sunrise' has colourful golden-yellow leaves all summer, turning a stronger gold as the plant becomes mature.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A lovely and eye-catching introduction, Jasminum officinale 'Fiona Sunrise' has colourful golden-yellow leaves all summer, turning a stronger gold as the plant becomes mature. Clusters of creamy-white flowers with a heavenly scent appear from mid to late summer. A spectacular golden-leaved Jasmine.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Jasminum officinale 'Fiona Sunrise' can loose some or all of its leaves in a severe winter.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Large, twining climbing plant sometimes a little shrubby when young which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft) if left unpruned
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: To encourage flowering prune out thin, old shoots after the flowers have fallen in September each year.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Climber - Large (over 20 ft), Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Evergreen, Scented, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow
- On sale!