(Himalayan Holly) Ilex dipyrena is an unusual conical large shrub native to the Eastern Himalayas with dark matt green leaves and bright red fruit in autumn/winter.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Ilex dipyrena is an unusual conical large shrub native to the Eastern Himalayas with dark matt green leaves and bright red fruit in autumn/winter. Although winter hardy the leaves can take on a purple tints in winter.
Best growth in a sunny position with good drainage.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: lex dimorphophylla grows to be a large conical shrub or eventually very small tree..
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Rare and Unusual, Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, To grow in a pot
- On sale!