- On sale!
Ilex perado subsp 'Platyphylla'
(Canary Island Holly) Ilex perado subsp 'Platyphylla' is a rare, evergreen holly found growing in the wild on the Canary Isles which has very large (up to 20 cm) and handsome oval green leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Ilex perado subsp 'Platyphylla' is a rare, evergreen holly found growing in the wild on the Canary Isles which has very large (up to 20 cm) and handsome oval green leaves. Once established it produce crops of bright red berries in autumn.
Ilex perado subsp 'Platyphylla' is suitable for gardens of most sizes and woodland areas and an excellent choice of plant to provide leafy interest and screening. We have grown this for years here in Derbyshire and it enjoys sun or shade and ideally requires shelter from strong wind.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Ilex perado subsp. 'Platyphylla' requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Ilex perado subsp. 'Platyphylla' grows to be a large, spreading shrub which can be pruned if required.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £12.95New Price Each £9.95Regular price £15.00 -10% New Price Each £13.50
New Price Each £32.00New Price Each £25.00New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £18.50
- On sale!