Ilex perado subsp 'Platyphylla'
(Canary Island Holly) Ilex perado subsp 'Platyphylla' is a rare, evergreen holly found growing in the wild on the Canary Isles which has very large, oval green leaves.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A rare, evergreen holly found growing in the wild on the Canary Isles, Ilex perado subsp 'Platyphylla' has attractive, very large, oval green leaves and makes a fantastic foliage plant. Once established it produce crops of bright red berries in autumn.
Ilex perado subsp 'Platyphylla' is suitable for gardens of most sizes and woodland areas and an excellent choice of plant to provide leafy interest in a slightly shady spot.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Ilex perado subsp. 'Platyphylla' requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Ilex perado subsp. 'Platyphylla' grows to be a large, spreading shrub.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Rare and Unusual
You might also like