Hydrangea serrata 'Veerle'
New to us, Hydrangea serrata 'Veerle' is a stunning, hardy, compact deciduous shrub with eye-catching violet-blue (to pink depending on soil pH) lace-cap flowers in late summer.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Hydrangea serrata 'Veerle' is a hardy, compact deciduous shrub with dark green summer leaves and eye-catching violet-blue (to pink depending on soil) lace-cap flowers in late summer. The flower colour is dependant on the soil pH and they will have their best blue colour on acid or lime free soils, turning purple or light bink on neutral or alkaline soils. The leaves have attractive orange and red tints in autumn before falling.
Although tolerant of shade, best dark foliage colour will be seen if planted in a position which does receive plenty of sun.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: late June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate .
- Habit: Hydrangea serrata 'Veerle' grows to be a small to medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft)
- Spread: 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Autumn