- On sale!
Hydrangea aspera 'Goldrush'
(Rough-leaved Hydrangea) New to us, Hydrangea aspera 'Goldrush' is a lovely deciduous shrub with large soft golden leaves in spring, gradually turning pale green as they age into the summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
New to us, Hydrangea aspera 'Goldrush' is a lovely deciduous shrub with large soft golden leaves in spring, gradually turning pale green as they age into the summer. The leaves turn yellow and orange in a good autumn before falling. Clusters of pretty lavender-blue lacecap-like flowerheads surrounded by white florets appear once established in mid Summer.
An excellent plant for adding a bit of foliage colour to a border in partial shade. Avoid hot and sunny positions to reduce the risk of leaf scorch in summer.
- Position: Light, dappled, partial shade or heavy shade (leaves be less golden in colour in heavy shade).
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea aspera 'Goldrush' grows to be a medium sized branching shrub with a rounded habit once established.
- Height: eventually up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Pruning: Remove dead or damaged stems in late winter or early spring.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot
- On sale!