Hydrangea macrophylla 'Ayesha'
An attractive shrub with lush green leaves and flattened heads of silvery-lilac or superb blue flowers according to the soil pH.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
An attractive shrub with lush green leaves and flattened heads of silvery-lilac or superb blue flowers according to the soil pH. This is the only Hydrangea common in cultivation which has the distinctive globular flowers.
Lovely and easy to grow, Hydrangea macrophylla 'Ayesha' is suitable for most gardens or woodland areas!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea macrophylla 'Ayesha' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: The flowers will be a lilac-blue colour in acidic soils and turn purple or pink on neutral or slightly alkali soils.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like