Hydrangea quercifolia 'Amethyst'
(Oak-leaved Hydrangea) Hydrangea quercifolia 'Amethyst' is a rare, medium sized shrub with oak-like leaves and flowers heads in late summer which are cream in colour when they emerge, gradually turning dark amethyst red as they age.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A lovely rare shrub with upright heads of creamy-white flowers which turn to dark amethyst red as they age in late summer. The lovely colour of the flowers stands out well against the green oak-like leaves. Later on in autumn the leaves can turn good shades of purple and red before falling.
Hydrangea quercifolia 'Amethyst' is an excellent shrub for a position in sun or light shade, also looking good as port of a woodland border.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea quercifolia 'Amethyst' grows to be a medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years.
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years.
- Notes: Hydrangea quercifolia 'Amethyst' is an excellent companion plant for other Hydrangea and is highly suitable for group planting.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Summer, Flowers in Autumn, Suitable for Containers