Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight'
Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight' is a fantastic medium sized shrub which has long-lasting, cool green flower heads from late June till November.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A beautiful introduction from Holland, Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight' has large, cool lime-green flower heads in mid to late summer. These can last for more then a month and during this time the bracts fade to cream with a hint of pink as they age.
Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight' is a stunning addition to nearly any garden and particularly suitable for sunny borders or woodland planting.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight' grows to be a medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned. (up to 1.2 m if pruned yearly)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned. (up to 1.2 m if pruned yearly)
- Pruning: Prune Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight' back to a bud, 30 - 40 cm above the ground each March. This will keep the plant from getting to large and increase the size of the flower heads.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)