Hydrangea paniculata 'Greenspire'
Hydrangea paniculata 'Greenspire' is a shrub with magnificent heads of pure-white flowers which flush to green as they mature.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Hydrangea paniculata 'Greenspire' has magnificent heads of pure-white flowers which flush to green as they mature. In our opinion this is similar to Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight' but with a slightly more green hue to the flowers.
Hydrangea paniculata 'Greenspire' looks excellent when planted in groups as part of a sunny border and usually flowers reliably as a young plant!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hydrangea paniculata 'Greenspire' grows to be a medium sized, branching shrub if left unpruned.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned / or up to 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft) if pruned yearly
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned / or up to 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft) if pruned yearly
- Pruning: Prune back to a bud, 30 - 40 cm above the ground each March. This will keep the plant from getting to large and increase the size of the flower heads.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Autumn