Hydrangea aspera 'Villosa'
(Rough-leaved Hydrangea) Hydrangea aspera 'Villosa' is a shrub with large, long-lasting clusters of lilac-blue flowers in late summer, popular with insects, particularly bees and butterflies.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A beautiful selection of Hydrangea which has large, long-lasting, lilac-blue flowers in late summer, popular with insects, particularly bees and butterflies. The leaves are somewhat hairy, although not as hairy as those of the Hydrangea aspera subsp. sargentiana. Hydrangea aspera 'Villosa' makes a fine flowering plant for a shady, flowering border.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized to large branching shrub once established.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: The flowers will be a lilac-blue colour in acidic soils and turn purple or pink on neutral or slightly alkali soils.
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Autumn, Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Unusual Shape