Hydrangea aspera 'Villosa'
(Rough-leaved Hydrangea) Hydrangea aspera 'Villosa' is a shrub with large, long-lasting clusters of lilac-blue flowers in late summer, popular with insects, particularly bees and butterflies.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
A beautiful selection of Hydrangea which has large, long-lasting, lilac-blue flowers in late summer, popular with insects, particularly bees and butterflies. The leaves are somewhat hairy, although not as hairy as those of the Hydrangea aspera subsp. sargentiana. Hydrangea aspera 'Villosa' makes a fine flowering plant for a shady, flowering border.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized to large branching shrub once established.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: The flowers will be a lilac-blue colour in acidic soils and turn purple or pink on neutral or slightly alkali soils.
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils, Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering in Autumn, Flowering in Summer, To grow in a pot, Leaf Shape - Unusual
- On sale!
- On sale!