Hydrangea aspera 'Villosa'
(Rough-leaved Hydrangea) Hydrangea aspera 'Villosa' is a shrub with large, long-lasting clusters of lilac-blue flowers in late summer, popular with insects, particularly bees and butterflies.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A beautiful selection of Hydrangea which has large, long-lasting, lilac-blue flowers in late summer, popular with insects, particularly bees and butterflies. The leaves are somewhat hairy, although not as hairy as those of the Hydrangea aspera subsp. sargentiana. Hydrangea aspera 'Villosa' makes a fine flowering plant for a shady, flowering border.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized to large branching shrub once established.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: The flowers will be a lilac-blue colour in acidic soils and turn purple or pink on neutral or slightly alkali soils.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), To grow in a pot, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also like