Hydrangea aspera 'Mauvette'
(Rough-leaved Hydrangea) An eye-catching cultivar, Hydrangea aspera 'Mauvette' has large lacecap clusters of mauve-pink flowers in late summer and soft, velvety leaves.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An eye-catching cultivar, Hydrangea aspera 'Mauvette' has large lacecap clusters of mauve-pink flowers in late summer and soft, velvety leaves. The leaves are similar to those of a Hydrangea aspera subsp. sargentiana in appearance, although this it is a smaller plant once established.
An excellent Hydrangea for a shady border!
- Position: Partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized branching shrub with a rounded habit once established.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Pruning: Remove dead or damaged stems in late winter or early spring.
- Notes: Hydrangea aspera 'Mauvette' is particularly spectacular when planted in small groups.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), To grow in a pot, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also like