(Ocean Spray) A very hardy shrub native to Western North America, Holodiscus discolor has lovely panicles of slightly scented, creamy-white flowers in summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A very hardy shrub native to Western North America, Holodiscus discolor has lovely panicles of slightly scented, creamy-white flowers in summer. The masses of flowers on an established plant look a little like the spray from sea waves hitting the shore, hence the common name.
Holodiscus discolor is an unusual, ornamental garden shrub, flowering best in a sunny position!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Fully.
- Flowering Period: July.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Holodiscus discolor grows to be a medium sized, densely branching shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like