Hoheria x 'Glory of Amlwch'
5A stunning flowering plant, Hoheria x 'Glory of Amlwch' grows as a semi-evergreen shrub or very small, bushy tree with masses of white blossom in mid summer.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A stunning flowering plant, Hoheria x 'Glory of Amlwch' grows as a semi-evergreen shrub or very small, bushy tree with masses of white blossom in mid summer. The leaves are grey-green in colour and will stay on the plant during mild winters and mostly dropping in severely cold winters.
Hoheria x 'Glory of Amlwch' is a lovely garden plant for summer flower and grow best when given shelter from cold winds.
- Position: Sheltered position in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Does not enjoy shallow, chalky soil usually.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Hoheria x 'Glory of Amlwch' requires shelter from cold winter winds and can drop some leaves in cold winters. Can suffer from a little dieback after severe cold.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hoheria x 'Glory of Amlwch' grows to be an upright, densely branching large shrub or eventually, small tree.
- Height: 4 - 6 m (13 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Evergreen, Rare and Unusual