Anchusa azurea 'Loddon Royalist'
(Bugloss) A lovely perennial, Anchusa azurea 'Loddon Royalist' with bristly, mid-green leaves and brilliant blue flowers all summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A lovely perennial, Anchusa azurea 'Loddon Royalist' with bristly, mid-green leaves and brilliant blue flowers all summer. The flowers are attractive to insects.
Anchusa azurea 'Loddon Royalist' usually grows and flowers best in a site with full sun and good drainage. Avoid planting in wet areas.
- Position: Sun or light dappled, partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Avoid wet soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Anchusa azurea 'Loddon Royalist' grows to be a medium sized, clump forming perennial.
- Height: up to 80 cm (2 1/2 ft - 3 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also like