Hedera helix 'Erecta'
(Dwarf Ivy) Hedera helix 'Erecta' is a very slow growing, evergreen, dwarf shrub with unusual vertical branches covered with small dark green leaves. Very ornamental in a large container!
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A curious ivy, Hedera helix 'Erecta' has very small, fine, dark green leaves which are close together and combined with the stiffly upright stems, give this plant an architectural look once established.
Very slow growing, Hedera helix 'Erecta' is a tough shrub for even the smallest of gardens and also does well growing in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy
- Rate of Growth: Very slow (not a plant for instant gratification!)
- Habit: Small compact shrub with upright stems.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft).
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that Hedera helix 'Erecta' has ornamental, upright stems and will not really climb or trail over the ground.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Habit - Narrow, To grow in a pot