Hedera algeriensis 'Gloire de Marengo'
Hedera algeriensis 'Gloire de Marengo' is a medium to large, evergreen climber suitable for sun or shade with large, white and green variegated leaves.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
(Variegated Algerian Ivy) An eye-catching evergreen climber, Hedera algeriensis 'Gloire de Marengo' has lovely heart-shaped, cream, grey and green variegated leaves. It self clings or can be grown through trellis/wires and is excellent for growing up walls or fences.
- Position: Full sun, partial shade or heavy shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hedera algeriensis 'Gloire de Marengo' grows to be a large, self-clinging climbing plant.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Notes: Hedera algeriensis 'Gloire de Marengo' can be grown very successfully as a tough, durable ground cover plant in gardens with no available supports to climb.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft), Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Variegated
You might also like