Hamamelis x intermedia 'Ruby Glow'
(Witch Hazel) A beautiful vase-shaped, deciduous shrub with masses of fragrant red to coppery-orange flowers before the leaves emerge in late winter or early spring.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A beautiful vase-shaped, deciduous shrub with masses of fragrant red to coppery-orange flowers before the leaves emerge in late winter or early spring. The dark green summer leaves turn shades of orange and purple in autumn before falling.
Best flower display in a position with full sun or light, dappled shade. May be grown in a large container if required..
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Hamamelis x intermedia 'Ruby Glow' dislikes shallow, chalk soil and will not grow well in wet or waterlogged conditions.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. As a young plant, Hamamelis x intermedia 'Ruby Glow' may require protection from severe, late spring frosts once the young leaves have emerged in spring.
- Flowering Period: January - March.
- Flower Colour: Red to coppery-orange
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hamamelis x intermedia 'Ruby Glow' grows to be a large branching shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- Notes: In soils which may become wet in winter, it is a good idea to mound-plant Hamamelis to improve the drainage around the root system.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Winter, Scented, Suitable for Containers