Hamamelis x intermedia 'Ripe Corn'
(Witch Hazel) New to us, Hamamelis × intermedia 'Ripe Corn' is a rounded large shrub once established with bright yellow, faintly scented flowers in mid winter.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
New to us, Hamamelis × intermedia 'Ripe Corn' is a rounded large shrub once established with bright yellow, faintly scented flowers in mid winter. The petals are fairly straight with a hint of purple at the base with the dark green summer leaves turning butter yellow before falling in autumn.
Best display of winter flowers if planted in a sunny position with well drained soil.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Hamamelis × intermedia 'Ripe Corn' dislikes shallow, chalk soil and will not grow well in wet or waterlogged conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy. As a young plant, Hamamelis × intermedia 'Ripe Corn' may require protection from severe, late spring frosts once the young leaves have emerged in spring.
- Flowering Period: January - Feb.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hamamelis × intermedia 'Ripe Corn' grows to be a rounded large shrub in time.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: In soils which may become wet in winter, it is a good idea to mound-plant Hamamelis to improve the drainage around the root system.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), Scented, To grow in a pot
You might also like