Hamamelis x intermedia 'Barmstedt Gold'
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Barmstedt Gold' grows to be a large shrub with large numbers of distinctive golden-yellow flowers in late winter once established.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
(Witch Hazel) A striking cultivar witch hazel which has brilliant, rich, golden-yellow flowers in great abundance over a long period in late winter and early spring. The leaves are dark green in spring / summer, turning shades of yellow and orange in autumn before falling.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Hamamelis x intermedia 'Barmstedt Gold' dislikes shallow, chalk soil and will not grow well in wet or waterlogged conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy. As a young plant, Hamamelis x intermedia 'Barmstedt Gold' may require protection from severe, late spring frosts once the young leaves have emerged in spring.
- Flowering Period: January - March.
- Flower Colour: Golden-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hamamelis x intermedia 'Barmstedt Gold' grows to be a large branching vase-shaped shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 3.5 m (12 ft).
- Notes: In soils which may become wet in winter, it is a good idea to mound-plant Hamamelis to improve the drainage around the root system.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), To grow in a pot
You might also like