Halesia monticola var vestita
(Snowdrop Tree) A delightful small tree with cascades of white, snowdrop-like flowers hanging from the underside of the branches in May.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
(Snowdrop Tree) A delightful small tree with cascades of white, snowdrop-like flowers hanging from the underside of the branches in May. Halesia monticola var. vestita flowers reliably when young and the white flowers stand out well against the dark green foliage. This differs from Halesia carolina, in that it grows a little taller, less wide and has larger flowers. A beautiful, flowering garden tree.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a small branching tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: We have a specimen of Halesia monticola var. vestita , planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery. At 14 years old, it had reached a height of 4 m, a spread of 3 m and is shown in the photos below.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like