- Sold Out
(New Zealand Privet) Griselinia littoralis is a large, evergreen branching shrub excellent for screening with bright green leaves. It can be pruned regularly to grow as a thick hedge if required.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
An evergreen plant native to New Zealand, Griselinia littoralis has fresh, apple-green leaves which are pleasing to the eye and also useful for flower arranging. Mature Griselinia develop a dense, bushy habit and make an excellent choice for screening parts of a garden, an old shed, etc.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Griselinia littoralis requires protection from severe winter frost in cooler parts of the U.K.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Flower Colour: Pale yellow
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Very large, densely branching shrub with an upright habit.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that although hardy in costal areas, Griselinia littoralis can be a fickle and difficult plant in the winter inland or if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large, Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Honey Fungus Resistant, Screening/Hedge, Suitable for Containers