(New Zealand Privet) Griselinia littoralis is a large, evergreen branching shrub excellent for screening with bright green leaves. It can be pruned regularly to grow as a thick hedge if required.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An evergreen plant native to New Zealand, Griselinia littoralis has fresh, apple-green leaves which are pleasing to the eye and also useful for flower arranging. Mature Griselinia develop a dense, bushy habit and make an excellent choice for screening parts of a garden, an old shed, etc.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Griselinia littoralis requires protection from severe winter frost in cooler parts of the U.K.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Flower Colour: Pale yellow
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Very large, densely branching shrub with an upright habit.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that although hardy in costal areas, Griselinia littoralis can be a fickle and difficult plant in the winter inland or if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Honey Fungus Resistant, Screening/Hedge, To grow in a pot
- On sale!