Ginkgo biloba 'Chi Chi' (Tit)
(Maidenhair Tree) A rare plant, Ginkgo biloba 'Chi Chi' grows slowly into a branching large shrub and once established develops ornamental, rounded growths on the trunk which give it the unusual name 'Tit'.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare plant, Ginkgo biloba 'Chi Chi' grows slowly into a branching large shrub and once established develops ornamental, rounded growths on the trunk which give it the unusual name 'Tit'. The leaves are green through the summer, turning gold and bronze in the autumn before falling.
Ginkgo biloba 'Chi Chi' is most suited to a nice, sunny position and does very well in urban areas.
- Position: Full sun or light shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow to slow.
- Habit: Ginkgo biloba 'Chi Chi' grows to be an upright large branching shrub in time or eventually a very small tree.
- Height: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- Notes: Ginkgo biloba 'Chi Chi' is slow growing and will take years to reach the above height and spread.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, To grow in a pot