Ginkgo biloba 'Saratoga'
(Maidenhair Tree) A handsome male selection from the Saratoga Horticultural Foundation in California, Ginkgo biloba 'Saratoga' is a tree with a upright, narrow habit initially, more pyramidal once established.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A handsome male selection from the Saratoga Horticultural Foundation in California, Ginkgo biloba 'Saratoga' is a tree with a upright, narrow habit initially, more pyramidal once established. The leaves are narrow, fan-shaped and dark green in summer, turning golden yellow before falling in autumn.
Although a handsome garden tree if left to its own devices, Ginkgo biloba 'Saratoga' can be grown in a large container if desired. This Ginkgo also makes an unusual and surprisingly effective, deciduous hedge if several are planted close together and pruned from time to time (shown in photo above)!
- Position: Full sun or light shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Ginkgo biloba 'Saratoga' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized tree with a narrow, upright habit when young.
- Height: up to 12 m (40 ft).
- Spread: 4 - 6 m (13 - 20 ft).
- Notes: Ginkgo biloba 'Saratoga' grows well in dry, urban environments and is a superb tree for a town garden.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small, Tree - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Narrow, Honey Fungus Resistant, Screening/Hedge