Ginkgo biloba 'Jade Butterflies'
(Maidenhair Tree) An unusual new selection, Ginkgo biloba 'Jade Butterflies' is slow growing with a distinctive, shrubby habit and clumps of small, dark green leaves which are said to look like a butterfly's wings.
Rarely available for sale.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual new selection, Ginkgo biloba 'Jade Butterflies' is slow growing with a distinctive, shrubby habit and clumps of small, dark green leaves which are said to look like a butterfly's wings. In autumn, the leaves turn bright, golden-yellow before falling.
A superb Ginkgo for a small garden or for growing in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or light shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Eventually a very, very small tree with a vase-like shape.
- Height: up to 4.5 m (15 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: Ginkgo biloba 'Jade Butterflies' is very slow growing and will take many years to reach the above height and spread.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, To grow in a pot, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also like