Ginkgo biloba 'Variegata'
(Variegated Maidenhair Tree) Very unusual and intriguing Ginkgo cultivar with green leaves that are boldly splashed with white and cream variegation.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Ginkgo biloba 'Variegata' is a very unusual and intriguing Ginkgo cultivar with green leaves that are boldly splashed with white and cream variegation. The leaves turn golden yellow in autumn before falling while still showing the variegation.
Although slow growing Ginkgo biloba 'Variegata' is an eye-catching and very beautiful garden plant which can also be grown in a container for years if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very Slow.
- Habit: Eventually a large shrub or very small, branching tree.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Important please read: Please be aware that the variegation on this plant is extremely variable and can be very good one year and poor the next. As the variegation is so unpredictable, we will NOT replace plants which revert to green.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Colour - Variegated, To grow in a pot
You might also like