Ginkgo biloba 'Beijing Gold'
(Golden-leaved Maidenhair Tree) A spectacular large shrub or eventually very small tree, Ginkgo biloba 'Beijing Gold' has leaves which emerge in spring as a lovely golden-yellow colour.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Spectacular new introduction, Ginkgo biloba 'Beijing Gold' has leaves which emerge in spring as a lovely golden-yellow colour. These leaves gradually darken later in summer to a pale variegated white and green or dark green. In the autumn the leaves turn butter yellow before falling.
Ginkgo biloba 'Beijing Gold' grows to be an unusual, elegant large shrub or eventually in many years, a small tree.
- Position: Full sun or light shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Large shrub or eventually, small tree with a branching habit.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: In hot areas and very sunny gardens, Ginkgo biloba 'Beijing Gold' may require a position in partial shade, to prevent the golden leaves scorching in early summer.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow
- On sale!