(Hardy Fuchsia) A beautiful hardy Fuchsia, growing into a medium sized bushy, upright shrub once established with bright green leaves and masses of pure white flowers from mid to late summer. Most suited to a spot in sun or partial shade. Suitable for container growing.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A beautiful hardy Fuchsia, growing into a medium sized bushy, upright shrub once established with bright green leaves and masses of pure white flowers from mid to late summer.
<pFuchsia 'Hawkshead' is reasonably hardy and can survive outside through the winter, although it would appreciate a sunny position sheltered from strong, cold winds.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Fuchsia 'Hawkshead' may suffer from some die back after exceptionally cold weather.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small or eventually medium sized, upright shrub once established.
- Height: up to 1.5 m (5 ft) if left unpruned.
- Spread: 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft) if left unpruned.
- Notes: Fuchsia 'Hawkshead' plant can be pruned back hard, to reduce the end size if required.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Autumn