- On sale!
Fuchsia x bacillaris
A lovely selection, Fuchsia x bacillaris has fountains of tiny deep green leaves and a myriad of minute red-pink flowers for months and months through summer and early autumn.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Hardy Fuchsia) A lovely selection, Fuchsia x bacillaris has fountains of tiny deep green leaves and a myriad of minute red-pink flowers for months and months through summer and early autumn. Although generally hardy, this beautiful small shrub needs a very warm site or winter protection.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Fuchsia x bacillaris may suffer from some die back after exceptionally cold weather.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Flower Colour: Red / pink.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Fuchsia x bacillaris grows to be a compact, rounded shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft).
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft).
- Pruning: Prune Fuchsia x bacillaris gently in spring to remove any stems which have died back in the winter.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like