Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain'
Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain' is a beautiful weeping beech tree with dark purple leaves and cascading branches which can be trained to grow to a set height if required.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
(Weeping Purple Beech) Beautiful weeping beech with an eye-catching silhouette, Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain' has purple foliage and a narrow, weeping habit with branches cascading down to the ground once established.
Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain' grows to be an excellent weeping tree for smaller gardens with more limited space!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain' grows to be a small, reasonably narrow weeping tree.
- Height: up to 8 m (26 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: As a guide to the growth rate, a specimen of Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain', planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 3.5 m and a spread of 2 m after 12 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Foliage - Purple/Red, Habit - Weeping