Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain'
Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain' is a beautiful weeping beech tree with dark purple leaves and cascading branches which can be trained to grow to a set height if required.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
(Weeping Purple Beech) Beautiful weeping beech with an eye-catching silhouette, Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain' has purple foliage and a narrow, weeping habit with branches cascading down to the ground once established.
Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain' grows to be an excellent weeping tree for smaller gardens with more limited space!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain' grows to be a small, reasonably narrow weeping tree.
- Height: up to 8 m (26 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: As a guide to the growth rate, a specimen of Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain', planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 3.5 m and a spread of 2 m after 12 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Habit - Weeping
You might also like