Fagus sylvatica 'Mercedes'
Fagus sylvatica 'Mercedes' is an unusual large densely branching shrub or eventually very small tree once established with very slender willow-like leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
(Dwarf Beech) Unusual and very slow growing beech tree, Fagus sylvatica 'Mercedes' has green, willow-like leaves which turn an attractive bronze colour in winter and can stay on the plant until the following spring.
Fagus sylvatica 'Mercedes' has a shrubby, densely branching habit and makes a splendid addition to a mixed border, where its interesting foliage can be seen. Established plants can look a little similar to a cut-leaved maple!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Mercedes' grows to be a large, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: This plant will take many years to reach the above size. A specimen of Fagus sylvatica 'Mercedes', planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 1.5 m and a spread of 1 m after 14 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Habit - Architectural, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also likeNew Price Each £16.95
New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £9.95
New Price Each £15.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £15.00