Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Purple'
(Purple Fastigiate Beech) Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Purple' is a handsome tall and narrow tree once established with rich purple summer leaves.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A similar plant to the Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Gold', this is a tall, narrow tree with beautiful, rich-purple foliage. The foliage colour is dependent upon the amount of sunlight it receives and therefore always turns a richer shade of purple when planted in a position with full sun.
Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Purple' is a handsome specimen tree with a narrow, columnar habit.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Purple' grows to be a tall tree with a narrow, columnar habit.
- Height: 20 m (66 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: In our experience in dull, wet years without much summer sun, the foliage can turn a dark greenish-purple. The leave will recover and have a much better colour with a few weeks of good sun.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Habit - Narrow, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
You might also like