Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Gold'
(Golden Fastigiate Beech) Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Gold' is a handsome large, columnar tree with dense upright branches and soft golden spring/summer leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome tree indeed, Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Gold' is tall, narrow and upright with soft golden-yellow leaves in spring and summer. The leaves are at their most golden in colour in spring/early summer, gradually darkening to lime green in late summer before finally turning a brilliant golden-bronze in a good, crisp autumn before falling.
Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Gold' is suited for gardens with limited horizontal space and can be pruned to shape if required.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Gold' grows to be a large narrow, columnar tree.
- Height: 20 m (66 ft).
- Spread: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: As a guide to its growth rate, a specimen of Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Gold', planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 8 m and a spread of 2.5 m after 12 - 14 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Habit - Narrow, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow
You might also likeNew Price Each £42.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £18.95New Price Each £28.00Regular price £35.00 -5% New Price Each £33.25
New Price Each £38.00
- On sale!