Exochorda x macrantha 'The Bride'
Exochorda x macrantha 'The Bride' grows to be a medium sized, hardy shrub with masses of pretty, pure white flowers in late spring.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
(Pearl bush) A beautiful, deciduous plant, Exochorda x macrantha 'The Bride' has masses of large (2 - 3 cm wide), bridal-white flowers in late spring on arching branches. The flowers in bud appear like large pearls, sitting on the stems before opening, hence the common mane and stand out well against the green foliage. The leaves are pale green and oval.
Easy to grow and eye-catching garden shrub ideal for a sunny border!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Pearl white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, spreading shrub with arching branches once established.
- Height: 1.5 (5 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Pruning: Prune the flowering stems to half their length after the Exochorda x macrantha 'The Bride' has finished flowering. This combined with removing older damaged shoots as required will increase the number of flowers produced in the following year.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Honey Fungus Resistant, To grow in a pot
You might also like