- On sale!
(Korean Spindle) Rare in the UK, Euonymus oxyphyllus grows to be a handsome large shrub with masses of purple fruit with orange seed on long stalks in autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Rare in the UK, Euonymus oxyphyllus grows to be a large shrub with inconspicuous summer flowers followed by masses of purple fruit with orange seed on long stalks. The leaves are mid green in summer with strong purple and red autumn colours once established. Mature plants develop interesting, corky bark.
Euonymus oxyphyllus is hardy but will give best fruit and autumn colour display if planted in a hot, sunny position.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Greenish-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established, then moderate.
- Habit: Euonymus oxyphyllus grows to be a medium sized or eventually large, elegantly branching shrub.
- Height: Eventually 2.5 m (8 ft) - 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: The fruit are toxic and should not be eaten.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like