Euonymus fortunei 'Emerald Gaiety'
A tough and reliable evergreen shrub, Euonymus fortunei 'Emerald Gaiety' has variegated white and emerald green leaves through spring and summer which often develop pink or purple tints over winter. Very useful as ground cover or for growing in a container in sun or dappled shade.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A tough and reliable shrub, Euonymus fortunei 'Emerald Gaiety' is evergreen, with variegated white and green leaves which often develop pink or purple tints over winter. Clusters of tiny greenish-white flowers appear on the branches in early summer.
Euonymus fortunei 'Emerald Gaiety' is a small rounded shrub once established well suited to gardens with limited space, as a low screening plant, as a foil for other ornamental plants or for growing in a large container.
- Position: Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Avoid waterlogged ground.
- Hardiness: Hardy but avoid cold, very windy areas.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Euonymus fortunei 'Emerald Gaiety' grows to be a small, densely branching, rounded shrub. Can be pruned to shape if required.
- Height: up to 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: For the best display of variegated foliage, prune out any reverted plain dark green shoots as they appear.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover, Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Variegated, Screening/Hedge, Suitable for Containers