Euonymus alatus 'Timber Creek'
(Winged Spindle or Burning Bush) Euonymus alatus 'Timber Creek' is an unusual medium sized shrub with masses of small pink fruit in autumn and bright scarlet red autumn colour.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual American cultivar, Euonymus alatus 'Timber Creek' (Chicago Fire) has dark green leaves which turn particularly vivid shades of fiery red before falling in autumn. This form is even more hardy than the classic Euonymus alatus and seems to start colouring for autumn a little sooner in the year.
Established plants have a good display of colourful fruit in autumn and corky wings on the stems give winter interest once all the leaves have fallen.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Pale yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft) - 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
- On sale!