(Spindle Bush) Collected as seed from China in 1894, Euonymus phellomanus has vivid lipstick-pink fruit in autumn, which split to reveal bright orange seeds.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Collected as seed from China in 1894, Euonymus phellomanus has vivid lipstick-pink fruit in autumn, which split to reveal bright orange seeds.
Another notable feature is the corky, winged stems which are particularly eye-catching once the leaves fall in in winter. Euonymus phellomanus will fruit reliably as a single, specimen plant even when quite young. A superb, ornamental garden plant!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Greenish-white
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Euonymus phellomanus grows to be a medium sized, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: The fruit are toxic and should not be eaten.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also like