Euonymus alatus var ciliatodentatus
A rare form suited for smaller gardens, Euonymus alatus var ciliatodentatus has fantastic autumn colour and an exceptionally dwarf, compact habit.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
(Dwarf Spindle Bush) A rare form suited for smaller gardens, Euonymus alatus var ciliatodentatus has fantastic autumn colour and an exceptionally dwarf, compact habit. In the autumn, the dainty green leaves turn a beautiful, rich pinkish-red before falling and it can also have heavy crops of bright reddish-purple fruits with orange seeds. Ideal for a garden with limited space!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Pale yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow
- Habit: Small, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: This plant is sometimes referred to as a straight forward Euonymus alatus 'Compactus', although in reality we have found that this has much more dainty leaves and smaller branches.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Autumn Colour
You might also like