Euonymus alatus var ciliatodentatus
A rare form suited for smaller gardens, Euonymus alatus var ciliatodentatus has fantastic autumn colour and an exceptionally dwarf, compact habit.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
(Dwarf Spindle Bush) A rare form suited for smaller gardens, Euonymus alatus var ciliatodentatus has fantastic autumn colour and an exceptionally dwarf, compact habit. In the autumn, the dainty green leaves turn a beautiful, rich pinkish-red before falling and it can also have heavy crops of bright reddish-purple fruits with orange seeds. Ideal for a garden with limited space!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Pale yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow
- Habit: Small, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: This plant is sometimes referred to as a straight forward Euonymus alatus 'Compactus', although in reality we have found that this has much more dainty leaves and smaller branches.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot