Euonymus alatus 'Compactus'
Euonymus alatus 'Compactus' is a slow growing, densely branching small shrub with green summer leaves and vivid red autumn colours.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Dwarf Winged Spindle or Burning Bush) A popular dwarf cultivar, Euonymus alatus 'Compactus' has cool green summer leaves and shimmering, bright red autumn colour. The corky wings on the stems are still evident, but less prominent than those on a standard Euonymus alatus.
A small shrub with exceptional autumn colour!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Euonymus alatus 'Compactus' grows to be a small, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft).
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft).
- Notes: Although Euonymus alatus 'Compactus' does produce ornamental fruit, Euonymus phellomanus or Euonymus planipes are a much better choice if you require a fruiting Euonymus rather than autumn colour.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot, Screening/Hedge
You might also like