Euonymus europaeus 'Red Cascade'
A vigorous and eye-catching shrub, Euonymus europaeus 'Red Cascade' has spectacular displays of bright pinkish-red fruit which split open to reveal glowing orange seeds.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Spindle Tree) A vigorous and eye-catching shrub, Euonymus europaeus 'Red Cascade' has spectacular displays of bright pinkish-red fruit which split open to reveal glowing orange seeds. These colourful fruit are complimented by dark green summer leaves which turn a deep purple-red in autumn before falling.
Euonymus europaeus 'Red Cascade' is native, hardy and eventually a medium sized or large garden shrub with an amazing display of fruit in autumn once established.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Euonymus europaeus 'Red Cascade' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large branching shrub.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft) to 4 m (13 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: The fruit and buds of this plant can be toxic and should not be eaten. Euonymus europaeus 'Red Cascade' will fruit by itself but generally will produce much better displays of fruit when planted near and pollinated by another Euonymus europaeus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
You might also like