Eucryphia x intermedia
(Leatherwood) Eucryphia x intermedia is an ornamental large evergreen shrub or eventually small tree with masses of white flower in mid to late summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
This unusual plant is the result of a cross between Eucryphia glutinosa and Eucryphia lucida, the Chilean and Australian Eucryphia. Eucryphia x intermedia is evergreen with dark green leaves and has masses of pure-white, single, rose-like flowers which crowd the branches in midsummer.
An excellent flowering tall shrub or eventually very small tree which enjoys some shelter from cold winds.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Eucryphia x intermedia requires a warm position and shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: A large shrub in the short term, eventually Eucryphia x intermedia grows to be a small tree with a branching, rounded crown once fully established.
- Height: up to 8 m (26 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Evergreen
You might also like