(Tasmanian Blue Gum) Eucalyptus globulus grows to be a handsome small to medium sized, evergreen tree in mild parts of the UK (much smaller in cold areas) with silver young leaves darkening to blueish-green as they age
The plants currently available for sale are to tall to be sent with our mail order service and are available for collection from our nursery only!
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Eucalyptus globulus grows to be a handsome small to medium sized, evergreen tree in mild parts of the UK (much smaller in cold areas) with silver young leaves darkening to blueish-green as they age. Established trees develop greenish-cream peeling bark. Can be pruned hard to grow with a more shrubby habit.
Best in a warm, sheltered position out of the wind.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Can be damaged in severe winters.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Small to medium sized branching tree once established.
- Height: 10 - 12 m (32 - 40 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (26 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that Eucalyptus globulus can be damaged or killed in the winter cold, if caught by severe frost or if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Rare and Unusual