(Cider Gum) Eucalyptus gunnii is a vigorous large tree once established with handsome peeling bark and steel-blue leaves, rounded when young turning long, elegant and narrow on mature plants. 0
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A beautiful, evergreen tree native to Southern Australia and Tasmania, Eucalyptus gunnii has attractive, exfoliating, multicoloured bark and steel-blue foliage. The young leaves are curiously rounded and a popular choice for flower arranging, becoming longer and more narrow as the tree matures.
Although usually growing as a tree, Eucalyptus gunnii can be pruned hard annually. This will keep it small enough to be grown in most gardens and also encourage it to continually produce long shoots covered with the juvenile rounded leaves.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Large branching tree once established.
- Height: up to 25 m (80 ft).
- Spread: 10 m (33 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
- On sale!