Eucalyptus pauciflora subsp niphophila
(Snow Gum) A lovely tree, native to the sub alpine habitats of eastern Australia, Eucalyptus pauciflora subsp niphophila has fantastic grey and cream flaking bark which develops well on semi-mature plants.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A lovely tree, native to the sub alpine habitats of eastern Australia, Eucalyptus pauciflora subsp niphophila has fantastic grey and cream flaking bark which develops well on semi-mature plants. The leaves are long, narrow and grey-blue in colour, looking extremely elegant from a distance.
The bark is extremely ornamental and gives Eucalyptus pauciflora subsp niphophila superb value as a winter interest plant!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - October.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Small or eventually medium sized branching tree once established.
- Height: 10 m (32+ ft).
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft).
- Important: Although generally very hardy, Eucalyptus pauciflora subsp niphophila can be caught out by a spell of severe cold weather directly after a warm, mild autumn. On this rare occasion, it can suffer significant dieback but will usually regrow from lower down in the following year.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also like